This is my second go with Birchbox. I was subscribed a few years ago and wasn’t a huge fan. I love company and of course, the points system is amazing. But I felt that the samples were way too small and the products I was sent were things I could never use. It seemed they had made a few changes over the years and I was curious to try them out again. February was my first month back and I loved seeing the option to choose a sample or an already put together box. I opted for the Guest Editor box which was with Rent the Runway. Here are the five products that were included in the box.
1) Fekkai Dry Shampoo: $20 for 4.9 fl oz full size. Described as a colorless tapioca starch with a translucent formula that won’t leave a white residue. I have personally never used this. I prefer using powder, but a friend of mine uses this and swears by it! This will be going to them.
2) Not Soap, Radio Body Wash in “The stuff cupid dips his arrows in.”: Full size retails for $16. Blackberry and vanilla cream secent with ginseng. I think this is perfect for Valentine’s Day. The scent is really nice without being overpowering. You can either use it as a body wash or in a bath. It also is said to contain pheromones.
3) Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner: Full size retails for $11. This is said to blend well and be non-irritating. It is a wax formula that is supposed to glide on smoothly. I received mine in the color “Raina.” It is described as a navy blue, but I thought it was more teal which is too bold for me. So sadly, I won’t get any use out of this.
4) The Balm Read My Lips Lip Gloss in “Bam.”: Full size retails for $15. I have always wanted to try a lip product from the Balm. It has great pigmentation and is a really beautiful rose color. It also has amazing shine that stays on pretty well throughout the day. It doesn’t feel too sticky. It also contains ginseng which is just an added bonus.
5) Derma e Anti Wrinkle Exfoliating Cleanser: Full size is $12.75. This is a pretty affordable glycolic scrub. This is a gentle formula that cleans and gets rid of build up on the skin. It also contains vitamin c and e.
Overall, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with my box this month. It is a great turnaround from my past experience with this company. I can see myself continuing to subscribe.
If you are interested in joining Birchbox, here is a link for you to use: https://www.birchbox.com/invite/3qpml