August 2015 Ipsy

I have another subscription reveal for you guys today!

Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that is $10.  It contains makeup, skin care, hair products and other beauty related items.  You take a beauty quiz first and they pick out 5 products for you each month.

The theme this month is:  “Summer Lovin’.”

Aren’t Christen Dominique and Karen O. so cute!!!

The bag this month is very classic.  The texture of it reminds me of bumpy duct tape!  I think it definitely fits the theme!

Jesse’s Girl Cosmetics Eye Shadow Primer Sample: Full Size=$5.99

Provides a silky, crease proof base for smoother application and long lasting color.

This is actually my very first Jesse’s Girl product!

The packaging looks exactly like Starlooks lip gloss samples!!

Anyways…I am always in need of a good eye shadow primer so we will see how this works out.

BWC (Beauty Without Cruelty) Leave in Conditioner Sample: Full Size=$9.95

Maximizes your hair’s lustre, body and manageability.  This light, plant-based formula provides all-day protection from harsh environmental elements, chemical treatments and heat styling.  Pro-vitamin B-5 and jojoba combined with premium aroma-therapeutic essential oils condition and protect.  It also works as an effective leave-in detangler for all hair types.

Firstly,  I love that this is paraben-free and 100% vegan and is made with no synthetic fragrance.

I’ve heard amazing things about this brand and am so excited to try it out for myself!

Hikari Cosmetics Lip Gloss (Full Size!!!) : Full Size=$13

High-shine matte lip glosses with high-pigment.

I received this in the shade Merlot which is a reddish mauve shade.

I love the color and am curious to see how the formulation is.

La Fresh Group Good Night. Night Cream Sample: Full Size=$40

This highly natural cream provides super hydration and restores your skin making it visibly smoother and plumper.  It will also rescue your skin from fine wrinkles on the forehead and crow’s feet around your eyes.

Well who doesn’t want that!!!  I sampled their “Good Day Day Cream” earlier this year and absolutely loved it!

So now I’m excited to see if I love their night cream just as much!

I will leave that day cream review for you in case you’re interested:

Good Day. Day Moisturizer

Doll 10 Beauty HydraGel Blush Sample?  Full Size=$???

HydraGel is a revolutionary formula with hybrid gel technology.  The ease of a powder with the fresh, natural looks of a cream.  Formulated with beneficial ingredients Shea Butter, Avocado Butter and Jojoba Seed Oil to hydrate the skin while Lavender extract provides luminosity for a fresh, natural-looking flush of pure color.

I couldn’t find this product online so I’m assuming it’s a brand new product.

I received this in the color “Flirt” which is a beautiful rosey-pink shade.

I am pretty happy with the products I received this month.  The stand outs to me were the night cream, lip gloss and cream blush.  I can’t wait to try them out!

Advertisements

30 Comments Add yours

1. BeginnerBeaute says:

The night cream is amazing! I have been using it the last 2 days, and I am loving it XO

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m actually not as in love with it as their day cream. It’s definitely not bad though. At least it’s a great sample size so you can get a lot of use out of it!!

1. BeginnerBeaute says:

I didnt know they made day time cream thats good to know! & there is so much in this little packet its great XO

Liked by 1 person

2. I received the day cream sample in my ipsy bag a few months ago. My skin really loved it! I want to try some other products from this company too!

3. BeginnerBeaute says:

Awesome! Well I hope I get there day time cream in my next bag that would be awesome. 😀

Liked by 1 person

4. It would! I really want to buy it but I don’t know if I want to spend the $40. that seems like a lot for a moisturizer.

5. BeginnerBeaute says:

WOW that is a lot! Definitely way too much LOL I stick to my usual moisturizer or drug store brand when I run out of this one!

6. That’s exactly what I did!! 🙂

7. BeginnerBeaute says:

Its the only way to go! =)

2. rebeccasglamspot says:

cool! im getting my bag today! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Yay! Can’t wait to see what you get!!

1. rebeccasglamspot says:

I read your birchbox post! Unfortunately I’m cancelling my subscription. I don’t think they’re products are worth the hype. Have you ever recieved a full size product?

Liked by 1 person

2. The sheet mask I received this month is technically full size. I definitely don’t get a full sized item very often though. That’s the one thing that makes ipsy stand out way more. Although you can’t beat birchbox’s point system. Are you thinking of trying another subscription service to replace birchbox?

3. rebeccasglamspot says:

yes I am going to try boxycharm. I think for 21 bucks it is so worth it. I have seen the products for this month & they are amazing! check it out! The box is worth over $120.00

Liked by 1 person

4. I’m actually subscribed to boxycharm. I’ve been subscribed for over a year and I love it! It’s definitely worth $21 a month!! I think you’ll love it!!

5. rebeccasglamspot says:

I already do! LOL. Ipsy & boxycharm definitely seem to be worth it! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. They are my favorite out of everything I’ve tried. Have you tried any other subscriptions?

3. plus+beauty27 says:

Great bag! I’m getting the Hikari Gloss and the night cream as well. Can’t wait to try those out! 🙂 xo

Liked by 1 person

1. Can’t wait to see what you think of them! When is your bag supposed to arrive?

1. plus+beauty27 says:

Today!! My boyfriend just has to go get the mail upfront. We live in an apartment and our packages go to the leasing office. He needs to go soon! Lol. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Ha ha! Send that man out to get it!!! My husband knows how excited I get over seeing my ipsy bag and thinks it’s hilarious.

3. plus+beauty27 says:

I just got it!!! 😀

Liked by 1 person

4. Yay!!! Can’t wait to see what else you received!

5. plus+beauty27 says:

Thanks! I just posted it on Instagram lol. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. Oooh! I’m going to go look right now!

4. That lip gloss looks great 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m so excited about it! I’m waiting until the Fall season to start using it. I’m hoping it’s a flattering color on me!

Liked by 1 person

5. your bag seems so much better then mine. I did get the Hikari lipgloss as well but they sent me dry shampoo again. I don’t have hair products even selected on my quiz

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh no! I would hate that too! I really haven’t loved my ipsy bags lately. They don’t give me bad products but it’s not anything exciting either. At least they’re not sending me blue eyeliner all the time like they used to in the beginning.

1. i got a blue eyeliner last month and they keep sending me neutral eyeshadows. I think i might cancel it after next month