Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette

Who are my No Doubt/Gwen Stefani fans out there?

Honestly, I had no idea who either was when I was younger.  I learned about No Doubt when Gwen Stefani became a solo artist and her songs were HUGE!

She always seemed like such a cool and laid back person.  You could definitely tell she had her own personality/style and didn’t care what anyone else thought or said about it!

When I found out Gwen had collaborated with Urban Decay to come out with her own products I was really eager to see what she would come out with.

The first product they released was this eyeshadow palette.

Price:

$58 (YIKES!)

This is a limited edition palette that contains 15 shades that Gwen said were her “must have” colors.

Most of the shades are brand new and were named after Gwen’s songs.

Right away, I loved the packaging!  It is an eye catcher!  I love the simple, yet elegant look.

First impression on the shades……I was a little surprised and disappointed.

I guess I was expecting more variety.  There are many neutral shades that are extremely similar to each other.

Don’t get me wrong.  I’m ALL about neutral shadows.  But…even I like color variety.

Most of the shades are extremely smooth and buttery and give off amazing color pay off.  I would expect nothing less from Urban Decay.

Final Thoughts?

I do love the palette.  I would have personally made a few tweaks in color selection, but this is not the Lizzie palette.  It is the Gwen Stefani palette.  And if this is what her go to colors are, then HEY, you do you girl!

What are your thoughts on this palette?  Do you think it’s worth the high price point?  Would you buy it?

Have a beautiful and wonderful day!

xoxo Lizzie♥

Advertisements

20 Comments Add yours

1. danetigress says:

😀 I did a post on it on my blog too ! Your pictures are great!

2. I will go check out your review!! 🙂

3. danetigress says:

You’ve been cool so much I’m following you hope you like my blog too

Liked by 1 person

4. Thank you! I really like your blog!

Liked by 1 person

1. Firstly, I like the gold packaging detail on the product as it absolutely replicates the high end look and secondly, the hues on the shade looks unmatchably amazing and lastly, the swatches looks incredibly pigmented. Great post!

2. FilipinoInsideOut says:

Oh! I want one.. I actually want this more than the UD Blush.. I was able to feel and swatched this shadow and blush and I’m more impressed with this Eyeshadow.. I want one!!👍🏻😍

Liked by 1 person

1. I haven’t seen the blush palette yet! I know I would get more use out of the eyeshadow palette though. I feel so fancy when I take the palette out and use it! Ha ha!! ❤️

1. FilipinoInsideOut says:

haha I agree.. the blush palette is a bit too shimmery though.. but the highlighter is beautiful..

Liked by 1 person

2. I will have to check it out!! I just wish the collection was less expensive! Then I could buy it all!!

3. FilipinoInsideOut says:

The blush is actually very affordable.. $45 is not bad at all.. but I was hoping it’s a full blush set but I guess there’s only two blushes really in the palette..

Liked by 1 person

4. That’s too bad! I think I’ll skip it.

5. FilipinoInsideOut says:

Same.. I was glad that I didnt go for the eyeshadow so I can get the blush but I guess im goin for the shadow then.. 🤔

Liked by 1 person

6. I really want to try out the lip products too. did you get a look at those?

7. FilipinoInsideOut says:

Ulta didn’t have them.. I was hoping they do. I heard the lippies are online exclusives.. but I doubt it.. they also set before the blush is online exclusive but Ulta carries them..

Liked by 1 person

8. Weird! I don’t think I would purchase them if they are online exclusives. I like to see things in person before I buy them.

9. FilipinoInsideOut says:

same here, that is why I got so excited when I saw them up-close.. hehe